I found a link to this recipe on Facebook. The reviews are good and I look forward to trying it out soon.
Original Recipe Post: http://jazibesrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/07/tortillas-de-harina-flour-tortillas.html
This last week my wife mentioned that she missed carrot cake (she has been allergic to cinnamon for the past couple years). So as part of our date night this month, I put together this carrot cake without cinnamon. We enjoyed it, but she suggests 1/4 tsp of nutmeg instead of 1/2 tsp.
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 325. Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine applesauce, vanilla, vegan margarine, salt, baking powder, spices, sugars, flour and soy milk until well mixed.
- Add carrots and walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly in baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. (check with toothpick or chopstick)
Creamy Cashew Icing
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a blender (like a vitamix) and blend until smooth and creamy (add extra water as necessary).
- Stir in powdered sugar to thicken (slowly or sift to get rid of lumps).
I stumbled across this recipe a while back and wanted to repost the link. The bread turned out amazing and it is vegan to boot.
(AKA Stop PMS In Its Tracks – Annette)
I was in the mood for something chocolate, but I have been on a diet. So, to make it as healthy as possible, I created something of my own. Annette confiscated my first batch since she liked it so much
Note: This only makes 1 serving.
- 2 Tbsp. Chocolate PB2
- 1 Tbsp. Honey (I prefer partially crystalized)
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (1/2 a serving)
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Handful of Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds (Gives it a crackle in your mouth, YUM!)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except Chocolate Chips and Chia Seeds.
- If it appears watery, add more PB2 or Protein powder until it is like cookie dough.
- Fold in Chocolate chips and Chia Seeds if you desire.
- Enjoy directly from the spoon.
I haven’t tried it yet, but I am thinking about baking these to see if they would make good cookies. If you do it before I do, let me know how it turns out!
Chia seeds are supposed to be good for you, so naturally my wife had a bag of them in the pantry. I was looking for a dessert to make and when I saw we had a lemon cake mix it kind of made sense.
- 1 Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- Egg Replacer for 3 Eggs
- Coconut Oil (Follow Cake Mix for amount of oil, melted in microwave)
- Follow cake mix recipe substituting the eggs and oil for egg replacer and coconut oil.
- Add the Chia Seeds into the Mix and stir well. (Add more chia seeds if you think it needs it)
- Place muffin papers in a muffin tin then fill about 3/4 of the way full with mix.
- Bake about 18 min (Varies depending on oven and temp used. Follow Cake mix recipe.) Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean.