I was really in the mood for cheesecake last night, but since I am on a diet I had to improvise, as usual. I started with a generic tofu cheesecake recipe and made changes like replacing the sugar with stevia and adding extra vanilla/water to replace the oil. (I didn’t make a crust, but crushing some graham crackers in the bottom of the loaf pans would probably been pretty good too.)
2 Personal Loaf Pans (or 1 Small Pie Pan)
- 1 16 oz. Package Hard Tofu (Drained and Pressed for only 10 min)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter (I prefer natural without the added sugar.)
- Update: The flavor was very subtle I think I’d use 3 Tbsp. or more next time.
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 20 Drops Liquid Stevia (or 10 Packets Stevia)
- Update: My kids suggested sweetening it more. (Regular sugar would have made it sweeter.)
- Jelly of Choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Put everything but the jelly in a blender and blend until smooth (Add extra water if necessary for your blender. As a side note, I love my Vitamix.)
- Pour into pie pans leaving a space at the top of each.
- Bake for 15-20 min till top is starting to brown and is firm.
- Cool on a rack or a towel for 15 min.
- Spread jelly of choice (I choose strawberry.) on the top of each.
- Refrigerate until chilled or eat warm if you like… I couldn’t wait 🙂