My wife found this interesting piece of food art and decided to make it for a party we went to. It actually looked cool, but wasn’t practical for anything. It would be good as a centerpiece.
- Seedless Watermelon
- About 6 wooden skewers
- About 3 metal skewers for stability
- 2 stalks of celery
To make this:
- Cut the watermelon in half.
- Scoop out most of the inside of both halves and set aside for a fruit salad.
- Break wooden skewers in half and stab into the bottom half at an angle and then stab the celery pieces with the end sticking out so that it makes a leg that will help the watermelon stand up. Four of these should do the trick.
- Use metal skewers to stab through the top piece of watermelon at an angle then down the back side of the bottom piece to create the lid of our fruit BBQ pit.
- Now garnish with a few skewers of fruit in the middle to make it look like you are cooking them. Enjoy 🙂