I needed a quick meal the other day and my wife had mentioned seeing a recipe for a black bean soup. She didn’t have the web address handy, so I improvised this recipe. It turned out pretty tasty!
- 1 Large Can Black Beans
- 1 Large Can Rotel Tomatoes or Petite Dice Tomatoes (I’d go with the Rotel Tomatoes with chilies but the kids don’t all like spicy.)
- 1/3 Medium Onion
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Cup Vegetable (or Chicken) Broth
- Garlic Chili Sauce
- Cooked Rice (2 cups uncooked works well with this much soup.)
- If you are making rice start it now. (I love my rice cooker, saves so much time and effort. Plus I never get burned rice 🙂 )
- Place all soup ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. (If you have a Vitamix, you can skip the next step by just turning it up to high and letting it heat up like any normal Vitamix soup.)
- Pour into soup pot and heat on med-low on stove. Stirring to keep from burning.
- Ladle into bowls and add any, all, or none of the suggested add-ins. Enjoy!