(AKA Stop PMS In Its Tracks – Annette)
I was in the mood for something chocolate, but I have been on a diet. So, to make it as healthy as possible, I created something of my own. Annette confiscated my first batch since she liked it so much 🙂
Note: This only makes 1 serving.
- 2 Tbsp. Chocolate PB2
- 1 Tbsp. Honey (I prefer partially crystalized)
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (1/2 a serving)
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Handful of Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds (Gives it a crackle in your mouth, YUM!)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except Chocolate Chips and Chia Seeds.
- If it appears watery, add more PB2 or Protein powder until it is like cookie dough.
- Fold in Chocolate chips and Chia Seeds if you desire.
- Enjoy directly from the spoon.
I haven’t tried it yet, but I am thinking about baking these to see if they would make good cookies. If you do it before I do, let me know how it turns out!
Chia seeds are supposed to be good for you, so naturally my wife had a bag of them in the pantry. I was looking for a dessert to make and when I saw we had a lemon cake mix it kind of made sense.
- 1 Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- Egg Replacer for 3 Eggs
- Coconut Oil (Follow Cake Mix for amount of oil, melted in microwave)
- Follow cake mix recipe substituting the eggs and oil for egg replacer and coconut oil.
- Add the Chia Seeds into the Mix and stir well. (Add more chia seeds if you think it needs it)
- Place muffin papers in a muffin tin then fill about 3/4 of the way full with mix.
- Bake about 18 min (Varies depending on oven and temp used. Follow Cake mix recipe.) Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
This is less a recipe and more meal instructions since the vegan chicken option is by Gardein. My girls loved this recipe and I have to say I really like this new Teriyaki Chicken.
- 2 Bags Teriyaki Chick’n Strips from Gardein
- 1 Can Baby Corn
- 1 Can Straw Mushrooms
- 1/2 Bag of fresh thin green beans
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Cups Dry White Rice (or Brown Rice or Mixed)
- Place Rice and appropriate amount of water (3 to 3 1/2 cups water) in Rice cooker.
- Rinse green beans and drain cans.
- Cut corn and green beans into 3/4 inch pieces and place in microwave safe bowl.
- Add straw mushrooms to bowl along with garlic, salt and pepper then stir.
- Add 3-4 Tbsp. of water to the bowl then cover with cling wrap. Microwave for 7-8 min till green beans are tender.
- While this is cooking, sauté the Chick’n strips in a non-stick pan.
- Once the veggies are done mix them with the Chick’n strips in the pan and add Teriyaki sauce and stir to coat everything.
- Continue sautéing for about 1 1/2 min then remove from heat and stir.
- Serve in a bowl over rice with condiments like soy sauce, garlic chili sauce, and Srirarcha sauce.