I was hungry for dessert last night, specifically chocolate and peanut butter. Instead of going out and buying some ice cream, I decided to throw together a pie. It turned out incredibly good. (Since my wife is out of town it leaves the pie all to me. Bad for my diet…)
- 1 Cup Old Fashion Oats
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. PB2 Chocolate (PB2 is a peanut butter powder e.g. no oil)
- 20 Drops Stevia
- 1/2 Cup Rice Milk
- 1 – 5.25 oz. Cook & Serve Chocolate Pudding
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- A little sugar free chocolate syrup to drizzle on top…
- In a pie pan mix crust ingredients together.
- Press into pie pan like a normal crust.
- In a sauce pan, cook the pudding per the directions.
- While it is cooking spread the chocolate chips on top of the pie crust.
- Once pudding is done, cool for 5 min in pan.
- Pour pudding into pie covering the chips.
- Refrigerate the pie for 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy (because I certainly am!)
I was really in the mood for cheesecake last night, but since I am on a diet I had to improvise, as usual. I started with a generic tofu cheesecake recipe and made changes like replacing the sugar with stevia and adding extra vanilla/water to replace the oil. (I didn’t make a crust, but crushing some graham crackers in the bottom of the loaf pans would probably been pretty good too.)
2 Personal Loaf Pans (or 1 Small Pie Pan)
- 1 16 oz. Package Hard Tofu (Drained and Pressed for only 10 min)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter (I prefer natural without the added sugar.)
- Update: The flavor was very subtle I think I’d use 3 Tbsp. or more next time.
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 20 Drops Liquid Stevia (or 10 Packets Stevia)
- Update: My kids suggested sweetening it more. (Regular sugar would have made it sweeter.)
- Jelly of Choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Put everything but the jelly in a blender and blend until smooth (Add extra water if necessary for your blender. As a side note, I love my Vitamix.)
- Pour into pie pans leaving a space at the top of each.
- Bake for 15-20 min till top is starting to brown and is firm.
- Cool on a rack or a towel for 15 min.
- Spread jelly of choice (I choose strawberry.) on the top of each.
- Refrigerate until chilled or eat warm if you like… I couldn’t wait 🙂